Venting an upstairs toliet

Users who are viewing this thread

Cybermonkey

Reaction score
I need some help here, I am perplexed. I am plumbing an upstairs toliet. I cut a hole for the flange 12 inches on center from the finish wall. the closet bend reduces to a 3 inch pipe goes under the wall to another wall 10 feet away and takes a 90 to my basement there.
The trouble is how do I properly vent?????
I have 8 inch joists to work with and I want to vent up the wall that is 13 inches away from the flange. There is not enough room for me to roll a 45 and vent up and from what I understand I cannot put a santee on its side to vent up. So, what are my opitions????
I hope this is clear.
Thanks for your help.

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Do you have room to roll the T 22 1/2 degrees and put a fitting 90 (hub x spigot) facing the wall that you want the vent to go into? This is dry vented in the pic. Side view and top view.(I know its hard to tell) lol

Your other option if you have a basin in the same room, is to wet vent the toilet with a basin drain by simply installing a 3x3x2 Y within 5 feet of the flange and running the 2" to the basin location. Then place a 2 x1 1/2x1 1/2 T for your basin drain

Last edited:

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
sorry, here is a drawing/pic

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 257

Cybermonkey

Reaction score
I am not sure I have enough room for the 22 1/2. It may work. I was about 2 inches short when I tried to roll the 45. Will the 22 1/2 be code? I get confused sometimes.

Thanks for the reply

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
22 1/2 is shy of the letter of the law , but it may be your only choice if you cannot wet vent. Just roll the T and place the 90 directly into the T to make it work

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks