Venting Advice - Washer and Dual Vanity

Users who are viewing this thread

GrinchF16

Reaction score
Can I get some guidance on if this will work? I made modifications based on advice from here but need to find out if I got it right. Thanks.

Attachments

• Bath.jpg
    Bath.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 424

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Fitting b needs to be a combo or wye and 18th bend. You won't find 1-1/4" pipe so use 1-1/2" and all the washer pipe and fittings as well as the horizontal that the washer and lavs dump into have to be 2" or larger.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can't have the toilet dumping into a santee on it's back. The lin on the high side of the santee will fill with poo.
The double lav should come in downstream of the toilet with a wye fitting.

GrinchF16

Reaction score
image.jpg
Terry,
Thanks for the quick response. Just to make sure I've got it right, the fixture in this picture will not work?
Thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
I can tell you that your picture does not show a tee-- let alone a san tee. I don't know about right.

GrinchF16

Reaction score
Nope! you're right, it's a wye and labeled improperly on the drawing which is why I generally find it to be a good idea to show the no kiddin fixture when I can. For whatever reason I have a heck of a mental block on the wye/T thing. Hopefully Terry comes up voice here pretty quick and keeps me out of trouble..

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Simple, wye's look like a Y and tee's look like a tee. You can't discharge waste into the branch inlet of a horizontal sanitary tee, IOW a San tee on its back with the inlet looking up. A San tee in that position is not flow directional. The picture you posted of the wye with the toilet flange 45 degree fitting glued in works just fine as would an wye and 1/8th bend.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks