Venting a toilet in the Wall behind the toilet but the drain is across the room?

Users who are viewing this thread

Weekend DYI

never ending repairs
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if I can add a vent only behind the Toilet and use a 3" ABS Sweeping 90 TEE to do so? The actual drain is 9 feet away across the room. See my attached Drawing.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 904

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Your question is confusing. The pipe going up the wall behind the toilet is its vent. The other pipe will only be a legal vent if your inspector would approve it. Some would, but many would not.

Weekend DYI

never ending repairs
Reaction score
So you are saying to vent behind the toilet like this is ok, even though to do it, I have to tee at the toilet flange?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Your picture is not clear as to how exactly you plan to make the connection.

The vent cannot run horizontally behind the toilet so a tee would not work. A wye would work, depending on exactly how the connections are made.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks