Ventfree fireplace

Discussion in 'HVAC Heating & Cooling' started by ab6219, Sep 18, 2008.

1. ab6219

ab6219 New Member

We are building a new house and we we are all said and done it will be pretty air tight (tvyek, blownin insulation in 2x6s) and we also got a ventfree LPG fireplace. At first I wasn't too concerned with it being ventfree because it is downstairs and the first floor is pretty large (1500sq ft) and has a pretty open floorplan, but after doing a little reading, I am a tad bit concerned about the possible lack of fresh air in the house when the fireplace is burning. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Thanks - Ashley
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Not legal most places. Legal or not....don't do it!
  3. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Perfect answer :)
  4. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Having you family wake up in the morning is a good thing....
  5. ab6219

ab6219 New Member

Seriously???!!!

Even though you all have the same answer I'm going to ask this anyhow, what are you worried about CO2 emmissions, LPG gasline leak,? I'm just trying to see what your talking about, it's going to be in the living/foyer and will actually not burn all that frequently and would not remain burning at night?
  6. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

You THINK it won't burn all night. But what if the dog hits the switch. Or one of the kids decides it is a little chilly. Point is, this only has to happen once. Next year....10 years from now, whatever!

Yes, Carbon Monoxide (CO) is what I am concerned about. Not to mention O2 depletion, as you mentioned a very tight house.