VentAway mechanism replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

ERH

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ieee.org
Is there a cost effective replacement for the American Standard VentAway flush mechanism? I replaced the Vent Away mechanism with a Fluidmaster flush valve and plugged the extra hole in the Ventaway tank but the flush is inadequate. There is no swirl. Can the Flushmaster be made to work and if so how? the American Standard toilet model # is 4002-119. I believe that it is a Cadet. prefer not to replace the toilet because the color (blue) matches the bathroom tile and decor

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

The Vent-a-Way has absolutely nothing to do with the toilet's flushing. Since most of them were low profile toilets, if that is what you have then the problem is that the Fluidmaster does not have any provision for flushing the rim which is where the swirl comes from. How did you plug the Vent-a-Way opening because that is a port in the bottom of the tank?

ERH

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ieee.org
Erh

Thanks for the info. I plugged the extra hole in the bottom of the tank with a cork and used an o-ring between the tank and bowl to prevent a leak. The toilet in question is a
4052 model not 4002 as I indicated in my query. I have the Ventaway working but would still like to replace it with a simpler mechanism.
ERH

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks