Vent size two toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

DavidTu

Reaction score
Each of two toilets is vented with 2" pipe. When I bring the two vertical vent sections together can the combined vent stay at 2" or does it then upsize to 3"? In looking at my plans it seems at the time I thought it had too go to 3" but now I don't see a reason to do so.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can vent three bathroom sets with 2" in Seattle as long as you have the required combined area total using other vents too.
If the home has a 3" line, then using two 2" vents and one 1-1/2" vent flies.

dwv_b2.jpg

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
As Terry said, HOW you can combine vents depends on the total AREA, not diameters, of ALL the pipes exiting through the roof. IF you have the proper area, you can combine vents inside the building pretty much as necessary, because it would be an unusual residence where merging the vents would result in an undersized vent.

DavidTu

Reaction score
Just to be clear I am asking about combining the vents inside the building. Sounds like 2" is fine for both. They will eventually join other vents and go vtr at 3".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks