Vent pipe placement

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by jeniferkey, Mar 4, 2011.

1. jeniferkey

jeniferkey New Member

I'm running the pipes for a second floor bathroom in a new addition. I have the lav and shower draining to an exterior gray water area and the water closet with it's own 3" pipe going to the existing septic tank. I was hoping to get away with only one vent for the lav/shower and have attached a picture of the layout. I wondered if I could go with just vent A or just B or if I needed both. Any other comments are welcome.
    [​IMG]
  2. jdgoodman

jdgoodman Journeyman Plumber

Vent pipe

Only use vet B.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

"A" is redundant, useless, and strictly cosmetic.In fact, there is no condition where "A" would be a proper vent.
  4. jeniferkey

jeniferkey New Member

Thanks. B it is.