Vent Pipe Placement

Users who are viewing this thread

arthurrc

Reaction score
I am doing an Bathroom addition and would like to know where the best place for the vent pipe tie in would be? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

arthurrc

Reaction score
Obviously through the roof would be nice. I mean where to tie it in to my plumbing. Behind all of my sewer lines or between some of them or what?

Construct30

Reaction score
That is the million dollar question. That is just the beginning, what about the local codes and inspections? Hire a plumber and see if you can find one that will let you "help". The forum is full of design and layout pictures. You will have to at least have a start before anyone will be brave enough to help you.
Your question is too broad and there is no information to go on. Sorry, the forum loves to help out a DIYer in a DIY situation, but you have to have some of the basics to even begin laying out a DWV system, let alone plumb one. Start reading some basic plumbing books and read past posts on this forum, then get a code book for whatever code they use in your area. Then buy some commentaries for that code book and maybe an illustrated guide, I for one love a picture. That will give you a good start.

No, I am not trying to discourage you, I just want to be realistic on what it takes to start such a project. I have a shelf full of books and go to code seminars once a month and still have to change things once and a while to pass an inspection and after doing construction for a living the past 25 years, I still have a lot to learn, which is why I'm here. I worked with my dad and uncles which were union electricians since I was 5, no day care for us. I was around construction my entire life, the learning curve is very steep. It can be done if you want.

Ask us a more focused question.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks