Vent Pipe corrosion and FULL of Green Stuff??? Photo

Users who are viewing this thread

ozzie88

Reaction score
Hello, I am new here but would like to ask about the vent pipe in my house,[copper] Moved here 3 years ago and allways had trouble flushing toilet. Finall I decided to take out all copper drains then I found this 3inch. vent pipe FULL of green stuff, no wonder would not flush. About 5feet was full and very heavey to lift. Can someone tell me what this is? And also I took some of 1 1/2 inch and some good pipe put on a wood lath to spin and clean it up, I like to make things. But I got real sick,noise running BAD, chest hurt,hard to breath, is this from the corrosion also?? Thanks, With new pipes toilet woks good now.

Attachments

• SAM_0764.jpg
    SAM_0764.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 981

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
We can only make wild guesses here, how about this one: previous owner had terrible flushing problems,
couldn't solve, in a last ill-advised and desperate move he went up on roof and dumped seventeen cans of
Drano or some other noxious chemical down the vent pipe?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks