Vent for toilet waste line?

Users who are viewing this thread

palletworx12

Reaction score
Question for those with more knowledge than me on this one. We are planning removing come closet space that backs up to the bathroom in order to move toilet back for a larger shower. Upon removing the drywall on closet side there's a vent that goes up to the roof.

I went under the house and found this vent is plumbed into the line with the toilet. Is it possible to simple extend it out further with a new hole into the ceiling where new bathroom wall will be?

Attachments

• 20161015_142651.jpg
    20161015_142651.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 218
  • 1476567975187image.JPG
    1476567975187image.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 198

palletworx12

Reaction score
I've found a lot of awkward things so far in this place.

It would simply be extended straight back by about 2 feet, no angles. Just removing that part of closet that backs into the bathroom wall. Figure now I'll have to patch 1 hole in roof and and a new one once it's moved

Vents can be moved within reason. Normally they don't go horizontal until they are 6" above the flood level of the fixture.
That toilet was vented awkwardly.

Helpful Plumbing Hints for Residential Construction by Bert Polk Plumbing Inspector Lincoln County

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks