Vent for Roman Tub

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by jeffeverde, Oct 12, 2009.

1. jeffeverde

jeffeverde New Member

We're doing a bump-out of our bathroom (slab floor) to install a roman tub. Is there any reason to not have the vent stub up out of the slab alongside the tub drain (but outside of the tub footprint), and then run horizontal the couple of inches into the wall before turning vertical to the roof?

The bump-out wall is going to be busy with framing (shear walls), and my thought was that by bringing the vent up within the tub platform, I can then route it into the wall to accomdate the framing, rather than framing to accomdate the vent.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  2. seaofnames

seaofnames DIY Senior Member

You cant run horizontal venting until you are above the flood plain of that fixture, using whatever measurement your local code states.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

vent

Just use 45's for the offset and you will be okay.
  4. jeffeverde

jeffeverde New Member

So penetrate the floor, and then a 45 to get into the wall? That'll work. Thanks!

5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

vent

It is done all the time.
  6. jeffeverde

jeffeverde New Member

Got my Underground Soil-Pipe sign-off! Thanks for your input