Vent for basement 3pc washroom and laundry

Users who are viewing this thread

squibb

Reaction score
Hey,

Just starting to consider my options for a new 3pc washroom (and laundry area 15 feet away) in the basement and have a question about the vent requirements...

Currently there is a powder room above my new basement bathroom location. The powder room toilet drains into the 3" stack shown, and the powder room sink drains into the 2" pipe. The sink is vented by a 2" pipe that has nothing else above it. My questions are: 1) Can I just branch off the 2" pipe in the basement and use it for the vent for all fixtures in the new basement 3pc washroom? 2) What are the code limits for running a vent pipe horizontally (I need to get a vent over to the laundry area that is about 15' away. I'm in Ontario, Canada.

Thanks

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
To tie into the existing sink vent, the connection would have to made at least 6" higher than the flood rim of the sink. It is often less trouble to run a new vent all the way up through the roof.

dwv_b2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

squibb

Reaction score
Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I can open up a wall upstairs to make the connection to the existing vent if necessary. Just curious why it is ok for the toilet above to use the 2" sink drain/vent as a vent. Or is this no longer ok? House is only 20yrs old.

Cheers

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks