Vent/Drain line

Users who are viewing this thread

tmcnutt

Reaction score
Can I run a bathroom 1 1/2" sink drain into a 2" drain line that also connects with a 2" bathtub drain that shares a 1 1/2" vent? The sink drain runs horizontal in the wall and turns down next to the tub so that I can run a vent up the wall at this location. Is this vent considered a wet vent?Please see attached drawing.

Thanks,
Tom

Attachments

• Bathroom.bmp
    17.6 KB · Views: 306

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
Yes that would be considered a wet vent. And you run the risk of the sink backing up into the tub, although that is unlikely (my opinion) with the 2" drain.

tmcnutt

Reaction score
Would it be better if I ran the sink drain down to the 2" drain instead of running it horizontal first? Can I leave the vent where it is at and have it serve both the sink and tub? The sink is 3' 6" away from the vent and the tub is right next to the vent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks