variable speed well pump to ditch tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

dave zaret

Reaction score
hi - i enjoy browsing the forum and sincerely appreciate any assistance.

i'm at the tail end of a long remodel project and i have a situation where my mechanical room is so full that the only way i can install a water treatment system is to lose my big pressure tank. my HVAC/well guy is suggesting dropping a variable speed pump down the well (shallow well, only 100 feet or so) and losing the tank, making plenty of room for a treatment system.

i'd probably get the grundfos, as i already have 10 or so for my radiant system.

thoughts? advice? any significant issues with this plan?

thanks.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Like Reach says that subject has been discussed many times. See his link to a search. You will still need a tank with a VFD, just not a very large one. You can do the same thing without having to change out the pump by replacing the big tank with a Pside-Kick kit, which has a small tank like a VFD system, without giving you all the problems that go with the VFD system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks