Vaper lock in a gravity fed water system.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by KERRBEAR, Feb 10, 2013.

1. KERRBEAR

KERRBEAR New Member

I have a gravity fed wter system coming from a spring. I have water coming into the main line, but not coming into the house. I'm sure it has to be a vaper lock but not sure how to remedy the problem.
  2. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

Apply suction.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

IF there is any "positive pressure" from the spring, it will NOT vapor lock. The water will push the air out ahead of it.
  4. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

That would depend on how the line is run. If any of the line rises high enough, it may rely on siphoning to overcome the high spot.