Vanity tops for cheap...

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by sapling, Jun 2, 2008.

1. sapling

sapling New Member

I have a very small bathroom and to give myself the required room for using the toilet I needed to go with a smaller vanity for my new remodeling project. The one I found online that looks like I can manage for the price is 18x21x30
    I cannot find a single place that sells a vanity for this size... I cant even find close. It seems that there are 19x17 but then with it being 21" deep how is 4 inches going to be covered I mean whats going on here?!?!?!
    Am I mistaken on the vanity top sizing and is there something more to know about this? Do I have to go with a custom top if I go this route?
    Anyone know where i can find a cheap one to fit it? Havent made the purchase yet due to this fact.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Are you trying to find a one-piece top that includes a cast in bowl? FOrmica with a drop in bowl may be your cheapest choice.

How about a small wall-hung sink? No hidden storage, but a small wall cabinet over the toilet might solve that.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

vanity

The one I found online that looks like I can manage for the price is 18x21x30
    I cannot find a single place that sells a vanity for this size... I cant even find close.

Are you calling the cabinet a vanity in the first sentence and the sink a vanity in the second? If not, what is the problem? Just buy the online vanity and install it.
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Vanity tops are 1" bigger, so if your cabinet is 18" W x 21" D ( an unusual size) then the top will be 19 X 22. Wherever you found the cabinet, that is where you should be able to buy a top to fit.