Vanity Top Size/Sanding Question

Users who are viewing this thread

dakota727

Reaction score
I have a vanity top I (my wife) would like replaced. It is a tight fit due to the corner location of the existing vanity and the bathroom door. My current vanity top has a back splash and measures 18" deep and 24-3/4" wide. Just looking for an in expensive alternative I see a lot of vanity options that are 19" deep. Due to the location of the door 18" deep is the maximum I can have and clear the bathroom door.

Is there a place to get 18" vanity top? What I have doesn't seem to be custom ordered and doesn't appear to but cut down or counter sunk into the wall.

What is the maximum you can sand off the back of a synthetic vanity top?

Am I missing something simple here?

Can anyone suggest something or some place?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
many of the preformed tops have a lip and would look wierd if you cut them. You may not have room for the faucet.

theplumber

Reaction score
If you can't find one prefab to fit, you can consider making your own top and tiling it up. Finding a prefab cheap top in your size could be extremely difficult. Cheap prefab stuff doesn't come in all shapes and sizes that have been used in the past. Your best bet is having a granite or some composite material cut to the size you need w/ the backsplash a separate piece instead of the prefab ones these days where the backsplach is one piece w/ the top itself.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com

If it has an integral backsplash you cannot sand anything off it. If the backsplash is separate you can cut as much as necessary as long as the splash does not interfere with the sink or faucets when it is positioned.

Rayh78

Reaction score
You can cut them with a masonry blade.
So first cut off the back splash
Then cut off what you need on the counter part.
Then caulk the backsplash to wall and will just have a caulk bead were the backsplash and countertop meet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks