Vanity - single sink -> double sink

Users who are viewing this thread

cinderbike

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Redoing my bathroom and wondering how I would go about doing this. I have the vanity out and the wall opened up, like so:

IMG_0598.JPG

Can someone point me to a diagram or whatever I need to do to follow IRC (which is what I've been told is what I should be doing here).

Thanks!

cinderbike

Reaction score
Thanks. Any code procedures on the copper or just split as I normally would? I was going to sweat in some tees and run it where it needs to go.

cinderbike

Reaction score
Also, how do I check for leaks in these drain pipes? Funnels and lots of water? Want to make sure its water-tight before sealing the wall.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
They make temporary fittings that fit on the end of the trap arm that allow a hose to run water through.
Two lavs on 1/2" is not a problem. Go ahead and tee in the wall and stub out for future stops.

cinderbike

Reaction score
What would those fittings be called? My googling attempts came up empty.

cinderbike

Reaction score
Okay, does this look alright?

Ignore the burn marks. :(

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 324
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks