Vanity removal and install - pipes from floor

Users who are viewing this thread

JenB

Reaction score
In the process of removing and installing a vanity - i figured I would just shut off the valves, remove vanity, drill holes in new vanity, etc. But now, it looks like I have to shut off the main water source? Can you provide any assistance? Thanks!

Attachments

• 1460715686779-596739019.jpg
    1460715686779-596739019.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 2,499

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would shut the main, remove the two compression valves and the two flanges, then remove the base of the lav.
To install the new lavatory, drill holes in the base to fit over the supply risers, install new flanges, new compression valves and new flex connectors to the faucet.

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Shut water off. Remove valves. Remove cabinet. solder and crimp pex adapters on and 6" of pex with plugs. Drill holes in new cab. Drop in.... cut plugs off and crimp new valves in

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I'd do as was suggested, but an alternative would be to cut holes in the new vanity big enough to go over the shutoffs...nowhere near as elegant, though.

Another alternative would be to move the lines to come in through the wall in back of the vanity, but if that's an exterior wall, they may come up through the floor for a reason (it could have just been easier).

Cool Blue Harley

One Dumb Plumber
Reaction score
Those are 5/8 x 3/8 compression straight stops which means that when you shut the water off and try to remove, there is a ferrul compressed onto the 5/8 O.D. pipe. Have to cut the ferrrul off or use a puller which plumbers carry,

sleeve_puller_3.jpg

photo added by Terry Love

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks