Vanity P-Trap weird configure

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by rosem637, May 12, 2013.

1. rosem637

rosem637 Member

SHould the vanity drain look more like the setup for the laundry?
    I think I would just have to lengthen the tailpiece and attach a 45 to the stub out to be able to match the wall bend to the p-trap.

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

My preference would be for the one on the left, however both that are pictured are legal.

Sometimes in a handicap bath, they will offset below the sink or lav to keep the trap closer to the wall for knee room.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Your biggest problem with the one on the right might be keeping everything together when people start putting bottles and boxes into the cabinet and bump the drain line. And it WILL "foul up" and create odors because of the long distance ahead of the trap.
  4. rosem637

rosem637 Member

Also there are what appears two slip-joint nuts I believe are missing. One on the horizontal piece between the 2-90s and one on the piece that goes into the trap adaptor. How can two compression nuts be missing but no leaks?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2013