Vanguard pipe with Ipex Fittings?

Users who are viewing this thread

caracal

Reaction score
Mixing PEX Brands

Is it ok to mix PEX brands ?

I have some Vanguard Vanex pipe with Ipex fittings and rings.

I'm also using a Mil3 crimpmaker.

The fittings are F1807 and line is F876 F877, which seem to be standard..

Last edited:

caracal

Reaction score
I'm using PEX,

I was referring to IPEX as a brand.. the PEX fittings I have were manufactured by the company IPEX. They are standard PEX with F1807 stamped on them.

They are not for the IPEX Aqua or other systems.

I've been told by the Vanguard guy not to mix their Vanex PEX line with other brand of PEX fittings because the crimp will end up too tight.. for example go out to home depot and get some PEX fittings, according to him it's not good, they must be Vanguard brand.. It doesn't make any sense to me.. they all look the same and have the same F1807 stamped on them.

I've read posts of people mixing four different brands of PEX within a system without problems.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
All it needs is a few thousand'ths difference and things won't work...keep your pex and fittings from the same manufacturer or risk potentially costly surprises. At least then you've got one place to complain to; otherwise, you'll get caught up in a finger-pointing exercise.

caracal

Reaction score
Hi,

how about the crimper? can I use the Mil3 crimper or I need same manufacturer for the crimper too? on pexinfo is says the Mil3 is compatible with the standard ring.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks