Valve Replacement Help for a Fiberglass Shower Kit

Users who are viewing this thread

MitchW

Reaction score
Valve Replacement Help for a Fiberglass Shower Kit?

I have a fiberglass shower (I do not know if you would call it a kit or an insert), and the valves and diverter need to be replaced. The hot water valve does not stop turning when you go to turn it off, cycling between on and off with scalding water, and the diverter is very tough to turn at all. How do I get to the valves in order to replace them, and how do I patch the fiberglass wall back up? Is this beyond a typical DIY project? If so, would a plumber patch the shower back up, or would I have to call in someone else as well?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
It may be as simple as replacing a cartridge on the valve. What kind of faucet is it? Make and model please if unknown please post a picture.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
leak

You may be trying to use a sledge hammer to kill a fly. There are few valves that have to be replaced just because they leak or are sticky. Call a plumber, because that is what he does, instead of creating a major project for yourself.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks