Valve problem on PVB

Users who are viewing this thread

BrianCross

Reaction score
I have a Watts PVB attached to my drip system.

It came with the house when I moved in. On the timer box, I've set my drip system for manual to make sure the drip system was working correctly.

Nothing's coming out. My wife, who had the house before I moved in, mentioned that it was working before, but wasn't sure if it was working now.

I checked my spigot with the main water valve and I've got pressure to the spigot. However, I don't feel any pressure into the PVB. I noticed that the output valve handle on the PVB won't turn. The input will, but the output won't.

Also, I took apart the PVB and cleaned out all relevant parts. Didn't seem to make a difference?

Any ideas? Admittedly I'm not an expert in this, so I'm not sure what to do next

Thanks

Brian

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
Are you getting any water out of the test cocks? They are the little valves with screwdriver slots. If your getting water out of #2 test cock then the #2 valve is off. If you have no water out of ether test cock then #1 valve is off or the water is off some where before the PVB.

John

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks