Fleck 5600 filter control valve, Valve head on Birm tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Randy Davidson

Reaction score
I am totally new at working on my well so here goes. My birm tank head is losing pressure by way of the valve head. The rod that connects to the timer and goes down into the tank is leaking air and water. My tank and head have absolutely no brand name on them so I was unable to lookup a parts list or any info. My water has a high concentration of iron so I was wondering if possibly the rod may just be gunked up and may need cleaning or maybe a gasket needs replacing. Like I said I'm new at all this so I was a little hesitant about removing the valve head until I got a little more info. Anybody have a little helpful info? Much appreciated.

Randy Davidson

Reaction score
Here is a couple of pics of the front and back opened up showing the rod connected to the timer I referred too. Hope this helps.

birm tank front (864 x 576).jpg
birm tank back (864 x 576).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Randy Davidson

Reaction score
Thank you very much. I definately can use the manual to this also. Found the rebuild kit and ordered it in. Gotta keep mama happy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks