Danfoss Tempress II valve cartridge drips

Users who are viewing this thread

Mrx99

Reaction score
Danfoss Tempress II valve
I installed a new tub cartridge and it is dripping. Will it stop after a few hours?
Thanks, Mrx

Valley tub cartridge A.jpg

Valley tub cartridge B.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
When a shower head is used, it can take up to 35 minutes for the tub spout to quit dripping.

Are you sure that cartridge is new?

tempress-2-cartridge.jpg

Mrx99

Reaction score
Well, I went back after I had lunch and a miracle! It stopped leaking, I guess the cartridge had teething pains. Anyway, it works and I am very happy. I was worried about tightening the screws on the brass flange. If you tighten one too tight you can put extra pressure on the side and it will be out of alignment and put a kink in the gasket or o-ring. I was very careful to torque the screws equally and everything is fine. I never thought I would be doing repairs at 68. I started my apprenticeship when I was 15 years old. The photo is of the old cartridge. I took the photo with me to the plumbing shop to make sure I got the correct replacement.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Surprise, surprise.
It always takes a while for the pipes to clear out if water has been run to the shower head.

Normally people don't hang around and watch though.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
But since it is stamped "Danfoss" I would assume it is a Danfoss Tempress II valve. Normally, it either shuts off or it doesn't, but it does NOT fix itself. The way to tell if it is a "leak" or just "drain down" is to time the frequency of the drips. A leak will have the same time between drips, with drain down the drips will have more time between them until they stop.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I never thought I would be doing repairs at 68. I started my apprenticeship when I was 15 years old. The photo is of the old cartridge. I took the photo with me to the plumbing shop to make sure I got the correct replacement.

Hmmm, I'm "glad" my wife won't allow me to think like that! I'm almost 69 and I did a complete tearout to the studs and joists of one of our bathrooms on a remodel. did all the electrical, plumbing, sheetrocking etc. myself. Now I'm in the process of doing the tile work before I drag all the fixtures in there, including a claw foot tub.:D keeps me young. could not stand being retired after a year and a half of it, so I went back and work part ime now for over a year.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; I never thought I would be doing repairs at 68. I started my apprenticeship when I was 15 years old.

I started when I was 13, but became an "apprentice" at 19. Then ran the company for two years when I was 24. But. I am still "doing repairs" at 77. My wife asked me yesterday, after a muddy water line repair, if I ever get tired of doing them.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
quote; I never thought I would be doing repairs at 68. I started my apprenticeship when I was 15 years old.

I started when I was 13, but became an "apprentice" at 19. Then ran the company for two years when I was 24. But. I am still "doing repairs" at 77. My wife asked me yesterday, after a muddy water line repair, if I ever get tired of doing them.
Way to go HJ!:D

Fishin

Reaction score
Ok, I replaced my Valley single handle shower faucet cartridge with a new one but the faucet still drips. Any suggestions? Maybe remove new cartridge and re-seat it? Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Some of these valves come with o-rings that press into the brass valve body.
I would check to make sure all of the rubber parts are there, and in the right location.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks