Valley faucet handles?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Mad Plumber, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Mad Plumber

Mad Plumber Mad Skills

I don't really know how to use your site right now,but I will learn. I am having a great deal of difficulty finding a single shower and tub handle. I am told that it is a Valley and have ordered both faucet handles shown in the diagram and neither are right. I have a clear plastic handle but what the problem is, is that where the stem attaches to the handle is square not splined and the hole in the middle under the badge is off center,in fact if you look at the handle head on the large hole where the badge goes is off center. I contacted the company that built my Park Model and was told that they used 3 faucets,Valley,Phoenix and Mixit,but the latter 2 doesn't have anything close. I ordered both handles for the Valley, pre 1993 and after 1993. Do you have a clue where I might look for this item. I have searched the internet long and hard and that is how I came up with your site. Thank-you, John Morris
  2. Mikey

Mikey Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek

...diagram?
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Phoenix was probably a Nibco faucet, and both it and the valley used some Delta knock-off designs. Mixets are concentric two handle valves, with separate temp and volume knobs.

Valley handles to fit most models are not usually hard to find. You might just have to take your old parts into a good plumbing store to find what you need.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

handle

Picture of the faucet with the handle removed, and one of the handle itself.
  5. jmorris1079@hotmail.com

jmorris1079@hotmail.com New Member

handle

here are three pictures hope they help, please let me know

Attached Files:

6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

picttures

Too close and out of focus to be able to tell anything. We also need a picture of the valve without the handle on it.
  7. jmorris1079@hotmail.com

jmorris1079@hotmail.com New Member

Shower handle

I finally found the shower handle I was looking for (I think). I contacted Phoenix and it is their brand and the tech new exactly what I was looking for, a handle with a offset square hole. What a relief,but I won't know for sure until I receive it. They are no longer made so I also ordered a complete rebuild kit for it also. Thanks for all your help and am glad I found this web site. Sincerely: John Morris