vacuum occuring?

Users who are viewing this thread

Knabe

Reaction score
I just installed to 2 new toto eco supreme toilets in the place of two older ones and they work great. water usage went down by about 700 gal/mo mostly due to no more multiple flushes.

however, when i flush one, the water level in the bowl in the other one goes down. there are no leaks anywhere, and verified the level going down by watching it as someone flushed the other toilet.

what do i need to do?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You must have a back to back installation.

The water will go from one side, over to the next, pushing air up into the other bowl, which causes the water to go higher in the bowl, and then when it drops, some goes over the dam.

Not much you can do unless you change the plumbing.

It does't hurt anything, but I've noticed it too.

Knabe

Reaction score
back to back installation yes.

by the way, the toilets are the 1.28 eco supreme ADA height and length.

about the only annoying thing is going to someone else's house and forgetting they don't have a damper on the seat/lid, and BANG!!!!

NEVER have to flush more than once, and since i'm on a septic, we flush #1 after a few uses.

Thanks Terry.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks