vacuum breaker on bidet leaks

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry R.

Reaction score
just moved into a 20 year old house with a bidet, not sure how long it's been since it was used, but when I turned it on whater pours out of the vacuum breaker. Is this something I can fix myself? thanks so much! ~terry

kohler-bidet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

choppers

Reaction score
Hi -
I have a similar problem. Old Madval AS bidet with a long chrome tube vacuum breaker (2 1/4 x 10" tall) that sits on a metal bracket attached to the back of the bidet. The vacuum breaker started to leak (when hot water is turned on only). All discontinued parts. Trying to figure out how to open the darn thing. The chrome cap on top won't pop off and doesn't seem to unscrew. No replacement parts available. Questions:

1) How do you open the vacuum breaker?
2) Any replacemenet VB available.
3) Any way to jury rig it to fix the leak?

It seems like I could just mount a replacement VB on the same bracket, but can't find any replacement part. The first step would be to open it and try to see if anything inside can be fixed, but I can't get any shop drawings to see how to disassemble it.

Thanks!

Chopper

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks