Utility Surface Pumps - Zoeller Vs. Wayne

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by chefwong, Aug 26, 2011.

1. chefwong

chefwong New Member

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  2. chefwong

chefwong New Member

Surface pumps for the win....I had 2 older Waynes getting down low, while my Zoeller was handling the sump...

Bumpity bump for this thread. Thoughts on better pumps...
    Is a Zoeller surface pump just as good as their sumps, or are they all run of the mill and just get the most GPM rated unit.

I intend to buy 2 more for backups...
  3. chefwong

chefwong New Member

Well, I found something more effective that I never thought about .....a good ole Shop Vac which won't need at least a 1"+ to prime, will get down further than 1/8" of a inch.
    The only downside is footprint in the garage.
    So a cheap one with decent capacity and then I'll just dump my current pumps in there to pump the water out when the container is full.

I've got 2 shop vacs already but these are more $$$ HEPA woodworking ones.
    These are more like garage queens and the new one will be the daily driver.