Utility Sink - How to tie into existing water line

Users who are viewing this thread

bock

Reaction score
This might be way over my head as I really have no experience with plumbing at all, but would love to learn more and gain a better understanding of it. Perhaps you all can help me know where I need to begin...

So I'd like to install a utility sink in the garage. The spot I'd like it to go is up against the wall where directly on the other side of the wall (in the house) is a bathroom sink. So there is already a water line and drain right where I need it. How do I tap into what's already there with the bathroom sink and hook up the utility sink to it?? Is this a pretty easy process, something a beginner like myself could tackle? Even if it's not, I'd still like to know the process and tools I'd need so I can at least understand it. Thanks in advance for your knowledge!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Well supplies are relatively easy...
The real question is how do you run the drain...
That is dependent on gravity.
Do you have a basement?

bock

Reaction score
no basement...can I just use the same drain as the bathroom sink on the other side of the wall?

bock

Reaction score
not sure. I don't have the sink and haven't broken into the wall yet. What do I need to keep in mind when dealing with the drain?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks