utica /replace pressure valve ?

Users who are viewing this thread

4uzindian

Reaction score
1989 model dv.it has aslight drip now because its old and i opened it to test it.any tips on the procedure to replace it?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The valve can often end up with a bit of mineral deposits on the stem making it hard for it to return and seal and the seat may end up getting hard after long use. Works fine until you open it. It's safer to check it and ensure it can open, but you have to be aware that it may no longer seal, and need replacement. Sometimes, after a delay, it may stop dripping, but it's a sign it should be replaced. While a boiler has various safety controls to prevent it from being overpressured, you really want that last ditch pressure relief valve to open if it needs to.

4uzindian

Reaction score
thanks for reply.it did ghus when i opened all the way.put a new valve in the smorning. it works just fin. read thru many how to's of this .it's ok now.thanks again .if something else comes up.i'll be back with my tail between my legs.thanks for the tap on for watts products .it was very infomative.for now i'll be closing this post.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks