Using Studor vents part 2

Users who are viewing this thread

BobGa

Reaction score
Speaking with Studor they have a Maxi-Filtra eliminating a need for any thru roof vent.

It over rides the code for a minimum of one vent.

With the advent of air tight designs (like passive & solar) not wanting any unnecessary air infiltration and fittings in the roof it is now being approved after this case in Oregon.

take a quick read

"This project is being designed and built to Passive House standards and requires an extremely airtight envelope to achieve this level of energy efficiency. Reducing the number of envelope penetrations is critical in achieving the required level of air tightness. In addition, avoiding penetrations that allow ambient airflow through the building will help reduce the heating load in the winter, and eliminating roof penetrations will provide greater protection against water intrusion. The Studor “Maxi-Filtra” is designed and tested for this application."

They are helping us design 2-1/2 bath 2 story build with no standard vents at all.

Pretty interesting stuff, I"ll report back as it progresses if anyone is interested.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
It matters not what a private company or salesman wants to sell you, but what the building \ plumbing inspector will sign off on. Where I live, if it is not approved by the state, you can forget about it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks