Using instant cement to join PVC and plastic pipe?

Users who are viewing this thread

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
One type of PVC cement will not work on other types of plastic pipes well not properly at all. Thats why there is ABS cement, CPVC cement, PVC Cement. Ask any plumbing inspector if you can glue a PVC fitting on a ABS pipe.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
We've had this discussion before. The CPVC cement is exactly the same as the "all purpose" cement. So, either one of those has the best chance of working here.

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Also, I've never seen a white plasic pipe of any type on wastelines from toilets here in CA. PVC gets used in condensate drains for A/C commonly but not waste water from toilets.

Why aren't you trying to do this with ABS? I'm baffled as to why you are trying to use PVC.

The plumbers here that profess devotion to PVC gonna get you... :eek:

;)

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Nohub is a plumbers best friend. You are over engineering this. I don't know about your neck of the woods but we don't use pvc on drains where I come from. Also, I've never seen a white plasic pipe of any type on wastelines from toilets here in CA. PVC gets used in condensate drains for A/C commonly but not waste water from toilets.

Listen to the nohub suggestions. They are spot on. Wholesale houses don't stock every type of nohub connectors. They just stock the most common ones. But in their catalogs, there is always a listing to connect any combination of sizes. Why aren't you trying to do this with ABS? I'm baffled as to why you are trying to use PVC.

Funny...
Here it is the exact opposite!
Why would anyone want to use that stuff that sags between hangers when you drain hot water through it?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks