Using correct Poly pipe ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Joe Hartrum

Reaction score
Well is 460' deep. Water lever is about 100' from top of well . Looking to set my pump(submersible) at 430'. Is 1" 160psi suitable for this or should I use 200psi. I getting 9gpm recovery.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Poly tends to hold its shape off the reel, and at that length is going to be nothing but a rat's nest, not to mention the problems oftem caused by it rubbing the pipe and wire on the inside of the borehole.

PVC drop pipe comes in 20' threaded sticks, and you use stainless steel couplers to join them together. It can be pulled up and unthreaded one or two sticks at a time, which makes it quick and easy to work with,.

1-1/4" schedule 120 will be good down to 550 feet.

There is also a lot of poly out there that is not NSF. Watch out for that if you are going to use it.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
How can anything as inert as polyethylene not be NSF approved? Polyethylene is polyethylene. Do we really need to pay extra so the government can have it stamped NSF approved?

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Wait till you pull all that poly out to change the pump in 10-14 yrs.....talk about a pain the a$$. Use sch 80, a much better job for the money.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks