Using Artesian As Pump Input

Users who are viewing this thread

brianander

DIY home builder
Reaction score
I'm using a flowing artesian (20 GPM) as my source for non-household water pump use. 1 1/2" pipe coming out of the ground, reduced to 1 1/4" and running 300 feet to the input of my 1HP shallow well pump. The discharge will be 1 1/4" to a 1 1/4" main that will have three 1" taps for hose bibs placed in three locations in the yard.

I appreciate your thoughts, this is an outstanding board!:)

Speedbump

Reaction score
You will need a tank. Bladder tank is the best. As long as you have the pressure switch set to keep the pump running while your using only one hose, you should be fine. If not, you will need a CSV along with the tank. This will keep the motor from cycling and give you a constant pressure. The tank I recommend is $143.12 and the CSV is $69.99. That and a few fittings should have you up and running.

bob...

brianander

DIY home builder
Reaction score
The 1HP shallow well pump that I'm installing has a 5 gallon bladder tank attached. I assume that will function fine.

Thanks for the response!:)

Sammyhydro11

In the Trades
Reaction score
Is this a natural free flowing artesian well? Alot of people refer to rock wells as artesian wells but most are not true artesian wells. How did you come up with 20 gallons per minute?

SAM

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks