used oil or waste oil heater

Users who are viewing this thread

neili

sales of irrigation, pumps, water wells
Reaction score
Website
www.agriindustries.com
Has anyone installed a used oil heater? My company maintains a lot of vehicles and ends up with a lot of used oil. We run about 20% synthetic and also use a lot of atf in place of hydraulic oil. What manufacture would you recommend for us?

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I'm not sure you can legally do this...the heavy metals in used motor oil would create a significant pollution source and probably contaminate your burner, too.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Whether you have them or not...lead, arsenic, copper, in the exhaust will deposit on the soil and be in the air around where you are and are working...not something you really want to breath, grow food in (if you have a garden) or subject your neighbors to. You may also create a toxic waste site, costing you your business and livelyhood and maybe your health.

neili

sales of irrigation, pumps, water wells
Reaction score
Website
www.agriindustries.com
I will forward these thoughts to my boss as well as ask the oil burner salesmen we are talking to about such concerns. Than k you for your input.

None of you know any particular name brands that work well do you? I want to make sure that if we purchase one it is will be a reliable one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks