Use of AAV for Basement Bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Antony85

Reaction score
I am starting work on adding a three peice bathroom in my basement. The vent stack is not easily accessible, I'm in Toronto, Ontario and plumbing code allows for use of AAV. The bathroom is 7' X 7' I've included a pic of how I would like to run drain and use AAV. Any advice is greatly appreciated
Bathroom Vent using AAV.jpg

Stuff

Reaction score
Double check as some locals will allow AAVs but not for toilets.

Also - in your diagram - flushing the toilet could empty the shower drain.

Reaction score
Based on what I've read here, the problem is likely the toilet is going to try to push a slug of water down the pipe and the air has to move out of the way (positive pressure vent). The AAV only allows air to follow behind the water (negative pressure), but does nothing for the initial rush, whereas a normal vent pipe would allow both.

Antony85

Reaction score
Would it be better to join the two 2" lines shower and lav with a tee wye before connection to 3" ?

Thank you

Double check as some locals will allow AAVs but not for toilets.

Also - in your diagram - flushing the toilet could empty the shower drain.
D i

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks