Use Cleanout for Bar Drain (No backwater protection?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Nate5452

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking to put a wet bar in the one area of my home. There is currently a cleanout port there (see Picture). I know that I should and will keep clean out access there even if I tap into it to drain for my wet bar, but was wondering if I should be concerned about backwater protection? There are other backwater valves located upstream.

I am pretty sure they don't make a backwater valve that can be mounted vertically, but I could be wrong.

Are there any options to keep some type of backwater protection?
I few things I looked at:
1. Installing a 1 1/4 check valve prior to the cleanout.
2. installing a 3 inch backwater valve under my bar counter, but before the sink drain (i.e. Floor Cleanout -> 90 degree elbow -> Backwater valve -> A few more bends, PVC, and a reducing coupling -> sink drain)
3. A plain old ball valve (yup, if left open--there might be a problem).

Is any of this possible, am I missing something, or do you think I don't need backwater protection??

Thanks
Nate

Attachments

• Question.jpg
    Question.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 178
  • Question.jpg
    Question.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 189

Nate5452

Reaction score
This is sort of what I was thinking of as my best solution, but I doubt it was ever done before. Its a little non-standard, but it should give me backwater protection (after the sewage reaches the other Backwater valve first and has a chance to fill up the PVC underground--at which point it will continue to fill up into this (since it's located above ground))

Attachments

• Diagram.JPG
    Diagram.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 837
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks