Urinal valve question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by hampton roads Virginia, Jun 28, 2010.

1. hampton roads Virginia

hampton roads Virginia New Member

Feb 27, 2007
    At our community pool we have an stinky urinal. Someone shut off the water flow screw because it would just run continious.
    I took off the top cover and pulled the diaphram. I'm assuming it needs a new Sloan diaphram? I'm not solid enough on how these direct pressure systems work though. I can rebuild a home toilet blindfolded.
    Any educational links, answers, advice , is appreciated ;)
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. nhmaster3015

nhmaster3015 Master Plumber

Jul 30, 2008
    The granite state
    I generally rebuild the entire valve. Sloan has a kit with all the new stuff in there. That said, you really should check the pressure and the volume at the fixture. Many of the old Sloan's need a lot of water to operate properly.