Urgent, Please Help! Island Drain/vent Installed Correctly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jerry Tang

Reaction score
Yes. he has it right now. :)
Terry, I see he used a T for the vent which was supposed to be a Y. Is that an issue? Also looks like he soldered the copper pipes instead of brazing under ground, do you think it's ok?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

Cool Blue Harley

One Dumb Plumber
Reaction score
Technically both of the tees, the one for the foot vent and the one on its back are required to be wye and eigth bends. That being said, it will probably work just fine. However, copper tubing installed under a concrete slab is required to be brazed, as you noted. I see you're in California, that would be California Plumbing Code 609.3 (2). Don't you have plumbing inspectors?

Jerry Tang

Reaction score
Technically both of the tees, the one for the foot vent and the one on its back are required to be wye and eigth bends. That being said, it will probably work just fine. However, copper tubing installed under a concrete slab is required to be brazed, as you noted. I see you're in California, that would be California Plumbing Code 609.3 (2). Don't you have plumbing inspectors?

I don't have an inspector. I am trying to have him correct it by moving the pipes up from the ground, so there's no connections underground, or at least braze it instead of solder it. It does not have space for a Wye as if installed wye the horizontal vent pipe might not have the 1/4" upward.

Cool Blue Harley

One Dumb Plumber
Reaction score
The waste and vent will be fine. Better off with a tee and 1/4 inch per foot on the foot vent than wye branch fittings and a flat foot vent that is consideted a drain. The copper should be brazed. What is your question?

Jerry Tang

Reaction score
The waste and vent will be fine. Better off with a tee and 1/4 inch per foot on the foot vent than wye branch fittings and a flat foot vent that is consideted a drain. The copper should be brazed. What is your question?

If we braze the copper pipes, what fitting/connection material to use? I know the pipes should be L type.

Jerry Tang

Reaction score
plumbing experts, please advise. I am thinking to put dirt over the copper pipe fittings before covering with concrete to avoid concrete movement to break the copper pipes. Do you think would it solve the problem by doing this along with brazing the fittings?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 237
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks