Upgrading water service.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by kirksieg2, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kirksieg2

kirksieg2 New Member

I'm thinking about upgrading my water service inside the house. I'm about to add a full bath in the basement and was thinking about achieving better flow throughout the house.

Currently I've got a meter at the street, followed by 1" black PE to just outside the house, 3/4" copper that comes inside connected to a PRV and then 3/4" copper that distributes to fixtures inside and to the water heater.

Would it be ok to upgrade to 1" inside to improve flow?
    Should I stick with 3/4" to the PRV or upsize to 1" and then increase the PRV as well? I don't envision being able to upgrade the 3/4" that comes from just outside the house to the PRV.

Thanks in advance,

Kirk
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member