upgrading torch

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by jm66208, Nov 26, 2012.

1. jm66208

jm66208 Member

Looking to upgrade from my dispsable propane bottle/cheapo torch setup. I would like to go with a larger tank with a hose and a hotter torch to speed things up. Looking for a recomendation. Thanks!
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

IF you are using the "replacement" MAPP gas, then your logical upgrade would be to get the hose and head attachment. The next level up would be air/acetylene with a "B" tank, but I have not used mine in a decade or more.
  3. jm66208

jm66208 Member

Maybe I just need a better head for my mapp gas bottle. Can you recommend one?