Upflush toilets

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Jason, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Jason

Jason New Member

I need to install a 1/2 bath in my basement and my sewage line is about 4 feet above the floor, so I need an upflush system. My dilemma is this, from floor to ceiling joists I have a total of only 86" to work with. Therefore, I really don't want to install a Quickjon system since this would eat up about 6" or more of height (I am 6'3" and this will be a finished bathroom, so head room is a must). I also do not want to break up my cement floor if it can be avoided.

I saw a Sani-Pro upflush system. It looks like exactly what I want. However, I cannot seem to find any reviews on this product. Has ayone ever used this product? Are they reliable? Any known issues?

Depending on who I ask around here (none of which are experts) I get mixed opinions.

Thanks.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

If you want to break some concrete and have the room for it outside of the bathroom, you can put in an ejection system in a well in the floor and then use any toilet you want. You'd have to account for a drain line and vent and run it to the well where you have installed the ejection system. Then, you don't lose any height in the bathroom and have a huge selection of toilets. If the ejection system were sized properly, you could then also put in a drain for a shower or tub.
  3. Jason

Jason New Member

I really want to avoid breaking up the floor if I can avoid it. That's why the SaniPro upflush toilet looked like a good route to go. I just don't know anything about SaniPro toilets and I can't seem to find any feedback on the web about them. Are they any good?

Thanks for the reply.

Jason
  4. murf

murf New Member