Update on exterior water supply line

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by davesnothome, Oct 14, 2009.

1. davesnothome

davesnothome DIY Member

I had the City out to the house today to do a "locate and prove" I guess thats the terminology. I was really amazed at this vacuum digger they use....that thing is unreal, it does a really nice clean hole all around the shutoff. Its a good thing, I did decide to have a new supply installed...its not done yet but will be this week....when the City dug down, and man it was down there...a good 6 feet, the City side of the meter was broken and leaking. So they installed a new "BOX" as they described it and a telescopic access pipe ( access hole for turning on and off the water ) I watched how they did this...and it really was interesting. They snapped off the city side water pipe, then clamped on a temporary water diverter, installed the new box and gave me a new fitting I should give to the plumber for the new 3/4 line he is going to run from that box to the house. Really cool was that vacuum digger with the water sprayer...Tree roots all over the place, and they avoided damaging any of the main roots to the big tree on my front yard. I have to say I was impressed...and never would attempt that job myself, so thanks for talking me into get a "PRO" to do the job. I can handle the inside of the house....but thats big experience doing that outside work. Was really interesting though.....you never stop learning thats for sure!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2009
  2. Lakee911

Lakee911 I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)

Sounds really cool. Where are the pictures? :)
  3. davesnothome

davesnothome DIY Member

I got a few pictures....you tell me how to get them on here...lol
  4. FloridaOrange

FloridaOrange Plumbing Designer

For pictures I like to use a free Photobucket.com account. When you post pictures to your account it gives you 4 types of links. Use the one of the links for forums and your picture will post.