UPC horizontal wet vent (please help)

Users who are viewing this thread

Joe joe

Reaction score
Will this diagram work? Wet vent bathroom group. Also do any of the wye fittings need to be rolled to a 45 or greater angle past the pipes center line. Or can they lay flat/horizontal. I looked at code and to my understanding they can lay flat and this would be a legal horizontal wet vent.... Correct me if I am wrong.. I don't have room to roll the wye fittings. If I did my pipe would be sticking out of the floor half way through the bathroom. Also space is completely limited... I mean things are TIGHT. This is why I want a horizontal wet vent.

Also my only change to this layout is running 3 inch all the way to the vertical/lav/vent. I plan to use a 3inch 90 with a 3x2 bushing on the vertical end. 3inch won't fit in my wall. :(

20161214_163204.jpeg

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The lav and shower can be wet vented together, and they wet vent the toilet.
The shower, as it enters the stack there, would be a santee.
Trap arms are vented by santees on the vertical, and by wye fittings on the horizontal.
The toilet, unlike the other fixtures, can be vented lower than the flange.

Joe joe

Reaction score
Trap arms are vented by santees on the vertical, and by wye fittings on the horizontal.

So I take it my layout will work? I started putting everything together. I hope.. I don't have to start over haha. I am using all wye fittings with 45s to angle where I want.
All my wye fittings (2) are almost laying flat.. not rolled up.
Also I have just under 9 foot total horizontal wet vent in 3 inch.. I transition under the floor with a bushing on my verticle going up to lav and roof.

Joe joe

Reaction score
Also my diagram represents all horizontal layout. All with in 10 inch floor joist sorry my diagram is not drawn to represent that.

Joe joe

Reaction score

This is what it looks like
The 3x3x2 wye is for a shower trap. the distance from vanity to 3x3x3 wye is under 9 horizontal feet. Also the 2inch wye is for a clean out. Which will be in vanity cabinet. Hopefully this clarifies what my question was about horizontal wet vent and the wye fittings not rolled up.

20161216_141549.jpg
20161216_141633.jpg

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That works.
A 3" cleanout may have been good there too, though normally I don't bother installing cleanouts for toilets on the second floor and above.

Joe joe

Reaction score
That works.
A 3" cleanout may have been good there too, though normally I don't bother installing cleanouts for toilets on the second floor and above.

Terry I absolutely appreciate all the help.
Also I would like to clarify horizontal wet venting. Is 12 ft the limit for 3 inch pipe at 1/4 slope? I ran 3 inch to vanity assuming 6 ft was the limit for 2 inch.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Trap arm length. The allowable distance between the horizontal wet vent and the trap.

The water closet fixture drain or trap arm connection to the wet vent shall be downstream of any fixture drain or trap arm connections. (Your is.)

Normally a single lav can be plumbed using 1-1/4". Because you have 2" or larger pipe, it can serve as a wet vent.

Any additional fixtures shall discharge downstream of the wet vent system and be conventional vented.

Plumbob401k

Union plumber
Reaction score
Hey Terry I just want to know how is the toilet in his layout the first fixture to me the wye and everything to it is the first fixture I'm confused on that boss

Reach4

Reaction score
Hey Terry I just want to know how is the toilet in his layout the first fixture to me the wye and everything to it is the first fixture I'm confused on that boss
A wye is not a fixture. It is a fitting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks