UPC Book with Curbless Showers

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by jandrewy, Aug 13, 2013.

1. jandrewy

jandrewy New Member

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with permitting for curbless showers. My city permitting is for some reason not allowing curbless showers without the necessary handle bars that are required. Is there anything in the UPC that says otherwise? I was under the impression that the with recent revision changes in the UPC that curbless showers can be without the accessibility/mobility handle bars.

Thanks in advance.
  2. johnfrwhipple

johnfrwhipple Bathroom Design & Build - North Vancouver, B.C.

You need to go into city hall and ask your inspectors to show you where in the code it says you have to. Codes change but many inpectors do not.

Ask them to photocopy it for you. Sometimes you need just to push back a little to get what you want. JW