Up-flush toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Jana

Reaction score
Hello. I have a Powerflush up-flush toilet in our basement. It was already here when we moved in 1 1/2 years ago. It worked fine until the other day. The lights in the bathroom would not work so I figured the fuse blew. Put in a new one and it blew right away. On a hunch we thought it could be the toilet. I unplugged it, put in a new fuse and it did not blow. Replugged it in a different outlet, pump made a noise for a second, then the fuse blew again. Any ideas what could have happened to the flusher? Is it possible to fix? If so, how difficult? (Assuming we could even get past the sight or smell!). :eek:

Thanks for any advice!
Jana

SumppumpPimp

In the Trades
Reaction score
It sounds like to me that the pump is going to ground, somehow it seems there is water getting inside the pump cap or motor housing causing this to happen. It is possible to fix, it depends on how handy you are. It is going to be a dirty job though. :eek:

It could be as simple as taking your pump out to a service station in your area to have them repair it ( it is out of warranty ), or you may have to replace the whole pump, (not the tank but the pump), the replacement pump part # is 014955, just find a Zoeller distributor or wholeseller in your area to order this pump. :cool:

If you have any other questions/concerns, please feel free to contact me at 1-800-928-7867 ext 8218. ;)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pump

The pump has something stuck in it or the motor is burned out. You will not know which it is until you remove the pump and see if the impeller turns freely.

SumppumpPimp

In the Trades
Reaction score
hj,
How quick of me to forget something so simple, we appreciate your knowledge about the impeller! It's long days like this one that we take so many phone calls that we sometimes forget the simple reasons of what could be wrong! :confused:

Thanks, and good observation! ;)

Yes Jana, please make sure that nothing has the impeller jammed!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks