Unusual Problem (under sink in kitchen, possibly RO Related)

Users who are viewing this thread

tsinindy

Reaction score
I have a weird noise coming from under my sink in the kitchen. I have a Reverse Osmosis system installed here and I think the issue may actually be coming from that, though I'm not sure. I was out of town for a few days and now that I am back, I hear a noise, like a whooshing type sound (release of pressure) coming from under the sink. This noise is accompanied or follows a fog horn type sound (not exactly like that, but something like that).

The whoosing noise I have heard itself every time I go to fill water from the refrigerator tap. However, it used to be that was the only time i heard it. Now it is happening as I described above. I have closed the main line in and opened all the faucets and let them drain and that didn't do anything to alleviate the situation. I have also turned the water supply off to house and ran the tap on the sink hooked up to the RO system to drain it and that did not help any either.

Any ideas on this? I have googled and searched and cannot find this exact problem being described. Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks