Unusual pitless adapter seal looking for

Users who are viewing this thread

chestypuller

everythings always broke including me.
Reaction score
i have a house built in 1978 replaced pump this year and the seal for pitless im trying to locate for future use, its shaped like a tophat, and the pump is gravity hung from pipe that pulls down on a notch then puts pressure of seal unlike the modern slotted pitless

anyone know what these old ones made by and what they are called somi can locate more seals?

Reach4

Reaction score
If you could post a picture, that would increase your chances of somebody recognizing your pitless. I think you are describing a pitless where the center axis of the seal would be vertical vs the horizontal axis for the seal on the popular pitless adapters today.

chestypuller

Reaction score
here tgey are and thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 459
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 493
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 523

chestypuller

Reaction score
no it is verticle, the top edge has a lip that sits over the well part of adapter and the pressure to seal is applied by the pump and hanging plumbing to the pump by gravity

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Where is the rest of the pitless? Some pictures of the rest of it would help. You might be describing a spool.

Reach4

Reaction score
its down in my well. im looking for future replacements of that seal

He was looking for a picture of the rest of the assembly. How about the most close-up picture of the pitless that you can take from the top of the casing?

chestypuller

Reaction score
cant get a pic, but it takes a 1 1/4" female coupler to thread onto the top of the pitless to pull the pipe and pump, heres a crude drawing of what it looked like.
0911151940-00.jpg

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yep, the ones I've seen are steel or cast iron.

There are a few still around that don't leak but most have been replaced with conventional brass B10x style pitless adapters.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't think they're made any more, you'd be better off replacing it with a B10x style pitless

chestypuller

Reaction score
I don't think they're made any more, you'd be better off replacing it with a B10x style pitless

ya pretty shure them are not made anymore, and someday i will replace it, but for now im not interesed in that im interested in finding the name of this pitless and getting more seals. someone might have some NOS seals out there.

chestypuller

Reaction score
this is it a whitewater manufacturing pitless and its the one i need a seal for! now to locate the seal. hope they still sell it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks