Unknown shower diverter valve, need help with ID..

Users who are viewing this thread

schwoch1

Reaction score
I am in the process of trying to ID my shower diverter valve so I can repair my leaky second shower head. Our setup is a fixed shower head on one side of the stand up shower and a shower head on the other side that can be switched on and off by a diverter valve, but only one shower head will work at each time, so it is double seated. I have shown this to a few people and they all scratch their heads. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!!
Mike
IMG_2436.JPG
IMG_2435.JPG

schwoch1

Reaction score
That is definitely the valve I am looking at. It does have 12 points on the broach. My curiousity is what seals on the top on the valve, does it just seal on a seat with no rubber or nylon in the inside of the valve? I threaded the insert out of it when I was taking it apart before I realized that the escutcheon had a setscrew in it! I looked at so many valves over the last few days I could of looked right at it and wouldnt of seen it! Thanks again for the help!!! I really appreciate it!!!

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
There should be an o-ring on the stem about where the 3 inch mark is on your stem. It is shown in some of the links I provided.

schwoch1

Reaction score
I guess I should clarify what I meant. This is a double seating valve from what I can see. On the upper part of the valve next to the spring I can see that there is some sort of nylon washer for a seal, but it looks as if the top half of the valve just seats/seals on a metal to metal contact deep down in the valve. Is this correct?

Thanks
Mike

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks